Thursday 4 April 2019

t = [ ln (Nf/No) / (-0.693) ] x t1/2

getting back my reading mojo
delving into books
I never thought I'd enjoy
or get past the first few pages
or even understand
but this book 
I can't put down
carbon-14 is in all living things
when living things die
they stop taking in carbon-14 
and so the radioactive clock is reset
reliable detective work for carbon dating
if the thing is less than 60 000 years old
we all know about counting tree rings 
it's called
dendrochronology
each ring a year of growth 
tell tale by it's size
changes in climate, weather, illness
trees keep growing until the die

the creationists debunk
the conspiracists conspire
instead of convincing us it's not true
maybe show us how it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺