Sunday 16 May 2010

♫♭♪ presence and presents

thursday evening I went to Brixton Academy to see one of my favourite bands
they certainly didn't disappoint on their only UK show:
dark tango beats and superb visuals ~
dancing twins and parisian street scenes:
friendly introductions and huge stage presence:
there's something about an accordion ....
the new album, due to be released any day,
will be eagerly purchased by me:
a brave move to debut unheard tracks but somehow
we knew they would be safe with us:
if I had the money they'd play at my parties:
and my funeral:

last night ~
another band in a local pub
two minute songs from this three piece: 
true old style garage:
swapping instruments:
not compromising on sound:
fresh from supporting Pavement
at the very same Brixton Academy!

a restful Saturday, spent potting on peas, beans
marigolds, herbs, sweet williams,
horseradish and garlic:
friends popping by for tea and smiles:
and sweet gifts from Spain of tortas de aceite
mr conguitos and locomix:
*mr conguitos are choco covered peanuts and are yum
locomix is strangely sweet/salty nuts + fruit
Sue knows me too well!
then today my Mama gave me some 
lily of the valley:
the flower for those born in May:
and marigold seeds to brighten my days:
I ❤ my life today:

 what gladdened you this week?

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I hope this finds you doing well. I've been on a blogging hiatus since the beginning of the year, so it's been quite some time since I've been around to visit some blogs. I'm back from my break now. I wanted to make sure to visit your blog. I enjoyed checking out the latest posts on your blog. Great job. I'm back blogging now myself. I hope you'll take a look at what I'm doing. Thanks. Take care. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back Keith!
    honoured to have you here:

    *zipping off to sugar&spice*

    ReplyDelete

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺