Saturday 19 January 2019

// // // // the power of outside

The Way of Filatiers
voie verte

this "Greenway" was built on the right-of-way 
of the old Lavelanet - Bram railway line 
between Lavelanet and Mirepoix 
I walk along it most mornings
above the village
past gardens
no cars
yes cyclists
walkers
animals
mostly juste moi
along the lower path
past the chickens, guinea pigs
howling hunters dogs 
cows with their bells jangling
a timid little black cat
a curious black and white dog
first snowdrops
fields and forest to my left
the best part is my return walk
after living in the very flat county of Essex
most of my life
I've a new love
magnificent mountains 
snow topped 
village rooftops
hazy clouds
never boring

"The object of walking is to relax the mind. 
You should therefore not permit yourself even to think while you walk; 
but divert your attention by the objects surrounding you."

Jefferson wrote in
this letter to Peter Carr in 1785

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it’s a beautiful walk, we miss it, but we’re just back from a walk along the beach, hardly a soul on it, with snow capped mountains in the background 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the beach AND mountains ~ now I'm jealous: I miss the sea!

      Delete

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺